Business Buy-Sell Agreements • Succession Planning •
Litigation Trust | Probate | Conservatorship •
Trusts & Estates Conservatorships • Estate Planning • Family Wealth Preservation • Planned Charitable Giving • Probate | Trust Administration • Succession Planning • Tax • Wills | Trusts •
Alternative Dispute Resolution Arbitration • Early Neutral Evaluation • Mediation • Settlement Conference •
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Member and Former Chair, Community Foundation Sonoma County Board of Directors
- Member and Past President, Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council
- Accredited Estate Planner, National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- Former Member, Executive Committee, State Bar of California Trusts and Estates Section
Representative Client Matters
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker, Community Foundation Sonoma County Professional Advisory Gorup , "Different Year, Different Tax Laws – Really? Planning in Light of New (ish) Tax Laws," 2013.
- Author, Estate Planning Under The 2010 Tax Relief Act, SMT Newsletter 2012 No. 2 January.
- Consultant and Author, LexisNexis (Matthew Bender & Co.), California Wills and Trusts (six-volume treatise published September, 1991) (1989 - Present).
- Consultant, LexisNexis (Matthew Bender & Co.), California Legal Forms (1994 - Present).
- Speaker, Sixteenth Annual Estate and Gift Tax Conference, Estate and Gift Tax Committee of the Taxation Section of the State Bar of California, "Breathing New Life Into a Stale Trust," 2008.
- Panelist, State Bar of California Trusts and Estates Section, "Preparation of the Form 706," 2004-2006.
- Coauthor, "No Contest Clauses Need to Be Reformed, Not Abolished," California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, 2004.
- Speaker, Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council, "Estate Planning For Domestic Partners in California: Navigating the Changing Landscape," 2004.
- Coauthor, "Trust Accounting Alert: Recent Cases re Accounting Requirements for Revocable Trusts and a Proposed Legislative Response," California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, 2001.
- Author, "Will a Probate Court Order for Modification of a Trust Determine Federal Estate Tax Results?" California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, 1999.