Spaulding McCullough & Tansil LLP (“SMT”) is a premier law firm based in the heart of Sonoma County’s wine country just north of San Francisco. SMT’s 22 attorneys represent sophisticated clients in a wide variety of matters, including business, litigation, estate planning, intellectual property, labor and employment law, and real property. At SMT, we deliver top-notch advice and service to our clients while maintaining a strong work-life balance for our attorneys and staff. SMT prides itself in focusing on practical and technical training and hands-on mentoring. Deeply involved in the North Bay community, SMT encourages its employees to actively contribute to our community by volunteering for and serving on the boards of local organizations.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Real Estate Attorney to join our Santa Rosa office. Offering a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, a bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits package, SMT provides continued professional development in a firm with a well-earned reputation for providing high-quality, effective, and efficient legal services. SMT values client service, collegiality, kindness, and quality of life.
About the Candidate:
- Active member in good standing with the State Bar of California
- Skillful analysis and synthesis of diverse subject matter
- Superior drafting, writing, research, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic that thrives in both independent and highly collaborative fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of a variety of real estate-related legal functions
- Experience in California purchase and sale transactions, joint ventures, and office, industrial and retail leasing
- Experience in drafting and negotiating instruments including, but not limited to, letters of intent, purchase agreements and amendments, REA’s, CC&R’s, easements, and restrictive covenant agreements, residential and commercial lease agreements, amendments and renewals related to leasing of new and existing property portfolio
- Experience with land use matters, zoning and regulation
- Experience in the preparation of brokerage agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Ability to provide legal counsel relating to enforcement of lease rights, vendor agreements, third party claims, and other property-management related matters
We offer a competitive benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to Greg Spaulding at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Real Property Attorney.