Spaulding, McCullough & Tansil LLP (“SMT”) is a premier law firm in the North Bay with 20+ attorneys. SMT represents sophisticated clients in a wide variety of matters, including business, intellectual property, litigation, labor and employment law, real property, and estate planning. SMT prides itself in fostering an environment for its attorneys and staff that focuses on the importance of practical and technical training and hands-on mentoring. At SMT, we deliver top-notch advice and service to our clients while maintaining a strong work-life balance for our attorneys and staff. SMT is deeply involved in the North Bay community and encourages its employees to take an active role in developing and contributing to the local community. We honor our commitment to the communities we serve and meet that responsibility through volunteerism and local board service
About the Opportunity:
Currently we are looking for an Associate Attorney to join our estate planning department. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of recent experience designing plans for high net worth clients, designing and drafting irrevocable trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable split-interest trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts, as well as experience in complex trust administration. The Associate Attorney position requires superior analytical, communication, drafting, writing, and research skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
About the Candidate:
- Licensed to practice law in California
- Experience with Federal and California state tax law
- Knowledge of and/or experience with generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Knowledge of and/or experience with fiduciary income tax issues
- Experience in handling probate matters, including preparing and filing motions and trust litigation, preferred
- Demonstrated success in helping to build and manage client relationships and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter, resume and list of references to Heather Holliday at Holliday@smlaw.com