Spaulding McCullough & Tansil LLP (“SMT”) has an immediate opening for a litigation attorney with trial experience to join its Santa Rosa office, located in the heart of Sonoma County’s wine country just north of San Francisco. If you have solid litigation experience and you’re ready for the opportunity to work on challenging matters while having a more balanced life, this may be the perfect job for you.
This position involves working directly on a broad range of civil litigation disputes in the areas of business, trusts and estates, employment, personal injury and intellectual property.
Ideal candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- Broad experience in all aspects of litigation, including trial preparation, discovery, motions, depositions and court appearances.
- Experience advocating on behalf of clients at hearings, motions, mediations, and at trial and arbitration.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with opposing counsel, clients, pro se parties, corporate litigation team members and the courts.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional oral, written, research and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and ability to make decisions, multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Active member in good standing with the State Bar of California.
- Strong relevant litigation and trial experience.
- Ambitious/highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills, good strategic judgment, common sense, and ability to handle day-to-day demands and workflow while working in a team-orientated and dynamic environment
Spaulding McCullough & Tansil LLP is one of the largest and most respected full-service law firms in Sonoma County. The firm’s Litigation Department represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of industries, from high tech to the County’s signature wine and craft beer industries. We have a strong local presence and also serve clients all over California and the United States. We value our client relationships and are committed to learning and furthering their business interests, as well as reaching the legal goals of each client we represent.
We are an AV-rated firm with 22 attorneys and offer a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, a bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits package. We offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a firm with a well-earned reputation for providing high-quality, effective, and efficient legal services, while working in an office that values client service, collegiality, kindness, and quality of life.
We offer a competitive benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to Greg Spaulding at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Litigation Attorney.